Day 10: Observing Others
TODAY'S INSPIRING QUOTE...
“What we mentally refuse to permit others, we refuse ourselves. What we bless in others, we draw to us.” ~ Marianne Williamson
Today's challenge is a two-fer (and is interactive)! 1) Make eye contact with others on the street, in the grocery store, at work, etc. (bonus points if you can get them to smile back at you!). 2) Catch yourself when you're about to go into judgment of someone and instead rephrase the comment to state only what you see or notice (e.g. "What a crazy outfit!" becomes “That person is wearing neon pants, a striped shirt, and has pink hair”).
Share with us in a post what you noticed or experienced when you made eye contact and your insightful reframe. Remember to tag us using #BeingYouHolidayChallenge and tag me @beingamandaj.
TODAY'S REFLECTION QUESTION
What are some beliefs you carry in terms of how others treat you or interact with you? What are some metaphors or stereotypes you have about people in general?
You can download the workbook here if you haven't already to record your thoughts for Day 10.
PREVIOUS DAYS CAN BE FOUND HERE:
- Day 9 - Releasing Attachments to Our Emotions
- Day 8 - Accepting Our Emotions
- Day 7 - Observing Our Emotions
- Day 6 - Releasing Attachments to Our Body & Self
- Day 5 - Accepting Our Body & Self
- Day 4 - Observing Our Body & Self
- Day 3 - Release: Overview of Non-Attachment
- Day 2 - Accept: Overview of Non-Resistance
- Day 1 - Observe: Overview of Non-Judgmental Awareness