Day 12: Releasing Attachments to Others
TODAY'S INSPIRING QUOTE...
"Let go of your attachment to being right and suddenly your mind is more open. You’re able to benefit from the unique viewpoints of others, without being crippled by your own judgment." ~ Ralph Marston
Notice when you feel the need to defend yourself or make others “wrong” and yourself “right”—see if you can simply observe what attachment might exist in that moment and what happens if you choose instead to remain neutral or bite your tongue. Share with us a time when this happens and what you noticed when trying this new approach. Remember to tag us using #BeingYouHolidayChallenge and tag me @beingamandaj.
TODAY'S REFLECTION QUESTION
Recall a time when you recently got upset or frustrated with someone. Describe what happened. Then, notice if you had any expectations or attachments to a certain outcome (e.g. my boyfriend buying me flowers; my daughter thanking me for helping her the other day). If so, what were they? Then, explore what each expectation or outcome means to you (e.g. he loves me; she appreciates me and all I do for her).
Download the workbook here (if you haven't already) to record your thoughts for Day 12. Just think of all of the incredible insights you're gathering!
PREVIOUS DAYS CAN BE FOUND HERE:
- Day 11 - Accepting Others
- Day 10 - Observing Others
- Day 9 - Releasing Attachments to Our Emotions
- Day 8 - Accepting Our Emotions
- Day 7 - Observing Our Emotions
- Day 6 - Releasing Attachments to Our Body & Self
- Day 5 - Accepting Our Body & Self
- Day 4 - Observing Our Body & Self
- Day 3 - Release: Overview of Non-Attachment
- Day 2 - Accept: Overview of Non-Resistance
- Day 1 - Observe: Overview of Non-Judgmental Awareness