Day 13: Observing Our Past
TODAY'S INSPIRING QUOTE...
“The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but your thoughts about it. Be aware of the thoughts you are thinking. Separate them from the situation, which is always neutral, which always is as it is. There is the situation or the fact, and here are my thoughts about it. Instead of making up stories, stay with the facts.” ~ Eckart Tolle
Create a list of things you wanted to get done this year and didn't. Next, beside each one, write what you chose to do instead or what you might have gotten out of not doing it. Remember to leave all judgment or blame out of your reflection. Post a picture of picture of your list and any insights or observations you have from this exercise. Remember to tag us using #BeingYouHolidayChallenge and tag me @beingamandaj.
TODAY'S REFLECTION QUESTION
Think of something that has recently happened that you didn’t like or felt disappointed by. What else could this mean? Then, think of something that has recently happened that you felt really good about or enjoyed. What else could this mean? (List out as many possibilities and alternatives you can think of for each.)
Download the workbook here (if you haven't already) to record your thoughts for Day 13. Just think of all of the incredible insights you're gathering!
PREVIOUS DAYS CAN BE FOUND HERE:
- Day 12 - Releasing Attachments to Others
- Day 11 - Accepting Others
- Day 10 - Observing Others
- Day 9 - Releasing Attachments to Our Emotions
- Day 8 - Accepting Our Emotions
- Day 7 - Observing Our Emotions
- Day 6 - Releasing Attachments to Our Body & Self
- Day 5 - Accepting Our Body & Self
- Day 4 - Observing Our Body & Self
- Day 3 - Release: Overview of Non-Attachment
- Day 2 - Accept: Overview of Non-Resistance
- Day 1 - Observe: Overview of Non-Judgmental Awareness