Day 15: Releasing Attachments to Our Past
TODAY'S INSPIRING QUOTE...
"By opening your heart to all of life - but clinging to none of it - you are participating in life fully."
~ Gay Hendricks
Looking at your list of accomplishments from this past year, pick one of them and notice what attachments or expectations you may have had to achieving this. It’s not good, bad, right, or wrong—just acknowledging if there was something to be gained or experienced to feel “enough.” Then, come up with an affirmation for yourself that proudly declares your “enough-ness” with or without that accomplishment. Share with us a picture or a written post of your affirmation. Remember to tag us using #BeingYouHolidayChallenge and tag me @beingamandaj.
TODAY'S REFLECTION QUESTION
Think of a story or a belief you carry from your early life that defines or supports why you are the way you are (e.g. I wasn’t included in things; I always did what I was told; etc.). Can you think of any examples in your life that discredit this story or belief, or offer an example of the opposite being true in your life?
Remember you can use the workbook here (if you aren't already) to keep track of all your incredible insights throughout this challenge.
PREVIOUS DAYS CAN BE FOUND HERE:
- Day 14 - Accepting Our Past
- Day 13 - Observing Our Past
- Day 12 - Releasing Attachments to Others
- Day 11 - Accepting Others
- Day 10 - Observing Others
- Day 9 - Releasing Attachments to Our Emotions
- Day 8 - Accepting Our Emotions
- Day 7 - Observing Our Emotions
- Day 6 - Releasing Attachments to Our Body & Self
- Day 5 - Accepting Our Body & Self
- Day 4 - Observing Our Body & Self
- Day 3 - Release: Overview of Non-Attachment
- Day 2 - Accept: Overview of Non-Resistance
- Day 1 - Observe: Overview of Non-Judgmental Awareness