Day 16: Observing Our Present
TODAY'S INSPIRING QUOTE...
“Ask yourself if you are judging the moment or outcome as ‘good’ or ‘bad’ and challenge yourself to accept it ‘as is’—neither good nor bad, right nor wrong—we never know the purpose of a moment until the moment has passed.” ~ Gay Hendricks
Using your five senses and 100% of your presence, share with us what you are experiencing in this exact moment (sounds, smells, images, sensations, tastes). Feel free to take a picture to share with us or describe it in words. (Over the next few days as you catch yourself thinking about the future or dwelling in the past, use this as a reminder to pause and notice the things around you.) Remember to tag us using #BeingYouHolidayChallenge and tag me @beingamandaj.
TODAY'S REFLECTION QUESTION
What is one thing you currently judge in your life (perhaps it’s a person, an event that occurred, a thought, a belief, something about yourself)? Write about it in a purely factual (neutral) way, keeping any judgment or preference out of the story.
Download the workbook here (if you haven't already) to record your thoughts for Day 16 and any other days you've missed as you have the time and space.
PREVIOUS DAYS CAN BE FOUND HERE:
- Day 15 - Releasing Attachments to Our Past
- Day 14 - Accepting Our Past
- Day 13 - Observing Our Past
- Day 12 - Releasing Attachments to Others
- Day 11 - Accepting Others
- Day 10 - Observing Others
- Day 9 - Releasing Attachments to Our Emotions
- Day 8 - Accepting Our Emotions
- Day 7 - Observing Our Emotions
- Day 6 - Releasing Attachments to Our Body & Self
- Day 5 - Accepting Our Body & Self
- Day 4 - Observing Our Body & Self
- Day 3 - Release: Overview of Non-Attachment
- Day 2 - Accept: Overview of Non-Resistance
- Day 1 - Observe: Overview of Non-Judgmental Awareness