Day 17: Accepting Our Present
TODAY'S INSPIRING QUOTE...
“Don’t waste a moment of life trying to make other things happen; appreciate the moments you are given.” - Michael Singer
Take a photo of you celebrating or accepting this present moment just as it is (no filters or cropping or meme’ing necessary) and share it with us. Remember to tag us using #BeingYouHolidayChallenge and tag me @beingamandaj.
TODAY'S REFLECTION QUESTION
Think of a situation you are currently feeling a little resistant towards (e.g. my current job; spending the holidays with my in-laws; etc.). Using the three choices Eckhart Tolle reminds us we have when interacting with something in each moment (accept it, change it, or remove ourselves from it), which of these is within your power? What possibilities exist for you if you choose one of these in relation to this particular situation?
Remember you can use the workbook here (if you aren't already) to keep track of all your incredible insights you're having throughout the challenge.
PREVIOUS DAYS CAN BE FOUND HERE:
- Day 16 - Observing Our Present
- Day 15 - Releasing Attachments to Our Past
- Day 14 - Accepting Our Past
- Day 13 - Observing Our Past
- Day 12 - Releasing Attachments to Others
- Day 11 - Accepting Others
- Day 10 - Observing Others
- Day 9 - Releasing Attachments to Our Emotions
- Day 8 - Accepting Our Emotions
- Day 7 - Observing Our Emotions
- Day 6 - Releasing Attachments to Our Body & Self
- Day 5 - Accepting Our Body & Self
- Day 4 - Observing Our Body & Self
- Day 3 - Release: Overview of Non-Attachment
- Day 2 - Accept: Overview of Non-Resistance
- Day 1 - Observe: Overview of Non-Judgmental Awareness