Day 9: Releasing Attachments to Our Emotions
TODAY'S INSPIRING QUOTE
In Zen they say: “Don’t seek the truth. Just cease to cherish opinions.”
Using this group as a safe space, choose an emotion or way of being you feel slightly attached to (maybe it's always being nice, or feeling at peace, or being a cheerleader of others, or whatever). Then, choose an emotion or action that, in your opinion, contradicts that or is the opposite of that in some way (maybe it's stating your opinion about something, or promoting yourself first, or expressing discontent or frustration, or whatever).
Practice expressing this feeling in our Facebook group by sharing it in some way (either by posting a picture or image of something that represents this opposite feeling or writing a post from the place of this opposite feeling). Remember to tag us using #BeingYouHolidayChallenge and tag me @beingamandaj.
TODAY'S REFLECTION QUESTION
What does it mean to be a “positive” person? What does it mean to be someone who’s “peaceful”? What does it mean to be someone who is “easy-going”? Then, explore what it would mean to be what you consider the opposite of those things.
Download the workbook here (if you haven't already) to record your thoughts for Day 9.
PREVIOUS DAYS CAN BE FOUND HERE:
- Day 8 - Accepting Our Emotions
- Day 7 - Observing Our Emotions
- Day 6 - Releasing Attachments to Our Body & Self
- Day 5 - Accepting Our Body & Self
- Day 4 - Observing Our Body & Self
- Day 3 - Release: Overview of Non-Attachment
- Day 2 - Accept: Overview of Non-Resistance
- Day 1 - Observe: Overview of Non-Judgmental Awareness